Schedule Your Professional Chimney Inspection, Sweeping Or Video Scan Today!
Certified & Reliable Chimney Inspections
At Northeastern Masonry & Chimney, our CSIA-certified sweeps specialize in fireplace cleaning and inspections. During our thorough inspections, we take a close look from the top of the chimney (where we inspect the chimney cap, chimney crown, flashing, and brickwork) all the way down the inside of the chimney to the fireplace (including the smoke chamber, damper, firebox, lintel, hearth and ash dump door).
Based on our findings during this inspection, our crew will determine if a cleaning is needed. If so, they will then use a stiff wire brush and a strong vacuum system that clean thoroughly and leave no mess for you, the homeowner.
Why Schedule Annual Inspections?
According to the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA), a non-profit institution dedicated to public and chimney professional education, virtually all chimney and fireplace fires are preventable. Both the CSIA and the NFPA recommend yearly chimney inspections to help prevent these hazards.
CSIA-certified sweeps have earned the industry’s most respected credential by passing an intensive examination based on fire codes, clearances and standards for the construction and maintenance of chimneys and venting systems.
- Level 1 Inspections: Level 1 inspections are typically conducted when no changes have been made to the system and the homeowner plans to continue using the system as it was used in the past. These inspections include a look at all accessible portions of the venting system, the appliance and connections. During these visual inspections, the technician will also check to see if the flue is blocked or if there is significant buildup affecting air flow or creating a fire hazard.
- Level 2 Inspections: Level 2 inspections are typically conducted when changes are made to a system, when a flue is being relined, when the property is changing hands, or when a system may have incurred damage. These inspections are a bit more intensive and involved than level 1 inspections. During a level 2 inspection, the technician will inspect all of the portions explored during a level 1 inspection, but will also inspect all accessible attics, basements and crawl spaces. We will check all accessible portions of the chimney’s interior and exterior and evaluate whether or not the flue liner is appropriately-sized and -constructed for the appliance. Additionally, we’ll check for proper clearance from combustibles and proper chimney condition and construction. Level 2 inspections also typically include a video scan, which allows for a detailed look at the interior of the flue.
- Level 3 Inspections: Level 3 inspections are incredibly involved and are typically only conducted when the hazard or problem cannot be identified or properly evaluated with a level 1 or level 2 inspection. These inspections may involve the removal of parts of the chimney or home in order to get to suspicious, otherwise-concealed areas.
How Frequently Should I Schedule Inspections?
The NFPA states that all chimneys, fireplaces and vents should be inspected on a yearly basis. Additional inspections should be scheduled if:
- the chimney has experienced any sort of sudden occurrence, such as a chimney fire or earthquake
- if the property is changing hands
- if changes or repairs are made or being made to the system
If you’d like to schedule an inspection with one of our certified and knowledgeable technicians, give us a call at 518-767-9315, or use our convenient online scheduling form!
Sweeping Services You Can Count On
Having your chimney annually swept is one of the best things you can do to extend the lifespan and enjoyment of your chimney system. Every time you use your fireplace or appliance, your chimney is working to expel the byproducts of combustion – the substances produced when the fuel burns. If your system is damaged or not working properly, or if it is not receiving enough air flow to safely remove these byproducts from the home, the result can be a buildup of creosote (a highly-flammable substance) along the inside of the system and a release of dangerous gases and particles into the home’s air supply. To ensure that your system is working the way that it should, be sure to schedule regular professional sweepings!
Here at Northeastern Masonry & Chimney, we sweep all fuel-burning vents and chimneys. Whether your system burns wood or gas, oil or coal we are equipped to complete the job professionally and properly. Our sweeps are CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America)-certified experts, and are also members of the NYSCG (New York State Chimney Guild) and the NCSG (National Chimney Sweep Guild). We have access to all of the latest industry information and use only the best tools and techniques to guarantee you the best possible service.
In addition to each sweep, we provide a thorough inspection of the whole venting system, inside and out. If necessary, we will conduct a video inspection of the interior of the flue to ensure that the venting system or chimney flue is free of damage. If you haven’t had your chimney system swept and inspected this year, be sure to call the experts at 518-767-9315! We can make sure that your system is in good condition and ready to be enjoyed for years to come.
Take A Closer Look With Video Scans
Our CSIA-certified technicians are equipped with video cameras that allow us to take a look at the entire interior of the chimney system and appliance. As the camera moves along the interior, we are able to view the footage on a TV monitor, which allows us to spend as much time as necessary on any problem areas or areas of concern.
We typically conduct video scans when a system is showing signs of problems, or after the chimney system has experienced some sort of damage. Here at Northeastern Masonry & Chimney, we also include video scans with each of our level 2 and level 3 inspections.
Call Us, Today!
Make sure a CSIA-certified chimney sweep inspects your solid fuel venting system annually, and cleans and repairs it whenever needed. The CSIA recommends that you call on certified chimney sweeps, as they are regularly tested on their understanding of the complexities of chimney and venting systems. With each cleaning and/or inspection, you will receive a written evaluation of your system, and your sweep may also have other maintenance recommendations, depending on how you use your fireplace or stove. To schedule your appointment, give us a call at 518-767-9315 or use our online scheduling form!